Health and safety at work policy
The Company Management is committed to providing organisational, practical and economic resources with a view to improving the health and safety of employees in their place of work.
To achieve these aims, the Management undertakes to establish an Integrated Management System in the workplace, as an integral part of its working procedures.
The Management undertakes to consider the health and safety dangers and risks of all the firm's activities, both existing and planned in the future, as relevant aspects of its work. It also undertakes to organise the entire company structure, from senior management through protection and prevention service manager, to employees and occasional workers, so that every individual is involved, according to his or her role and responsibilities, in implementing the appropriate health and safety measures.
The Company Management undertakes to ensure that:
- Overall compliance with CURRENT LEGISLATION on matters of health and safety is considered a priority;
- INFORMATION ON THE DANGERS AND RISKS in the workplace, and this POLICY, are shared with and communicated to all employees and external agents working for the company; staff undergo regular and up-to-date TRAINING, targeted specifically to the tasks carried out and their associated risks;
- COMMUNICATION, CONSULTATION AND PARTICIPATION of workers in matters of health and safety at work is guaranteed within the firm, including through the employees' health and safety representative;
- All workers are trained, informed and made aware in order to carry out the DUTIES assigned to them in terms of health and safety;
- The corporate structure strives to employ its resources and skills in order to MEET its commitments in terms of health and safety OBJECTIVES;
- The use of machinery, installations and tools, workplaces, working methods and organisational aspects is carried out in such a way as to safeguard the HEALTH AND SAFETY of workers, third parties and the community where the firm operates;
- Emerging NEEDS concerning issues of health and safety which may arise in the course of the company's operations are dealt with rapidly and effectively;
- COOPERATION between the firm's various departments, and COLLABORATION with business associations and external bodies, are duly encouraged;
- PREVENTIVE MEASURES and in-house surveys on workers' health and safety are prioritised, in order to substantially REDUCE the likelihood of the occurrence of ACCIDENTS, INJURIES, WORK-RELATED ILLNESS, EMERGENCIES and other events.
- This POLICY is made available to all interested parties who request it and also published on the company website to ensure maximum circulation.
- The Policy, the Objectives and the implementation of the Integrated System are regularly reviewed with the aim of securing ONGOING IMPROVEMENT in the level of health and safety at work within the company.